A lot of people have asked me “What is a health coach?” or “How can a health coach help me? “ So I wanted to write a quick post to answer those questions.
First because I love science and facts, here are some stats, According to the American Heart Association (2013)*:
- 49% of American adults are considered overweight and/or obese.
- 32% of American children are considered overweight and/or obese.
- We are spending billions of dollars, while getting fatter and sicker.
What’s Making Us Sick?
Sadly, it’s not just in the US…our processed foods and environmental toxins are spreading their way around the globe.
- Too much stress: living life on the go – not slowing down to care for ourselves
- Eating prepackaged, processed foods for convenience
- Environmental toxins bombarding us daily and building up in our bodies
- Lack of exercise
- Undiagnosed food allergies or intolerances
- Vitamin and mineral deficiencies… to name a few things
You thought you were making a healthy choice by eating yogurt. But did you know most flavored yogurts contain 4-6 teaspoons of sugar?
Food marketing is deceiving, and it’s hard to keep up with what’s healthy and what’s not when it constantly changes. The stats are kind of shocking, but it’s never too late to turn things around…
Ready for Some Great News?
Did you know that 70%-80% of all “age-related” diseases are actually preventable and directly related to diet and lifestyle choices? This includes diseases like heart disease, diabetes, cancer, and even dementia and Alzheimer’s.
That’s where Health Coaching comes in to play.
So What is a Health Coach?
- Health Coaches are Certified and Professionally trained to assist you in making the best choices for your health and happiness.
- Trained in over 100 dietary theories, Health Coaches base their work on bio-individuality to find what works best for your unique body.
- A Health Coach will collaborate with you to create a dietary and lifestyle plan based on your unique and individual body to help you thrive.
- Your Health Coach will hold you accountable, to making dietary and lifestyle changes that you choose, to help yourself to live a happier, healthier life.
How Can a Health Coach Help You?
Are you ready to:
- feel better than you have in ages?
- shed some pounds and fit into those jeans again?
- have more natural energy?
- improve your qualify of life?
- kick your cravings to the curb?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, I’d love to talk with you about how I can help you reach these goals and more! Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for your free consultation. Your body will thank you!
*Thanks to Jamie Jones for some of the stats and Health Coach info.