I’m SO excited to announce that I am now a consultant for Neil’s Yard Remedies health and beauty products!
NYR Organic’s health and beauty products include: organic cosmetics, shampoos/conditioners, lotions, deodorants, aromatherapy and essential oils, herbal teas, herbal remedies, vitamins and supplements, and wellness books.
Are Your Health & Beauty Products Toxin-Free?
If you’ve looked around my site, you’ll know that sharing information on non-toxic health and beauty products is one of my passions. Did you know that 60% of everything you put ON your skin, is absorbed directly into your body? Don’t believe it? Try this trick: put a garlic clove between your toes, and see how long it takes before you can taste it in your mouth. Likely just a minute or two. So it’s a big deal to me to ensure that what I’m putting ON my face and body is organic, and non-toxic, because I know it will be going into my body as well.
For months I’ve been searching to find an ethical, toxin-free health and beauty company to rep on my website. I wanted a company that I could really stand behind and feel comfortable promoting. I have researched a lot of companies who claim to be “organic” and toxin-free, and unfortunately found that many US companies who claim to be organic or toxin-free, just aren’t. There are a few reasons for this…buyer be ware, there is a LOT of “green-washing” out there.
What Does “Organic” Really Mean?
- The term “organic” can only apply to plant-based ingredients. Water can’t be organic. Minerals can’t be organic. If any health and beauty product claims to be “100% organic”, unless it contains 100% plant-based ingredients, no water or any non-plant-based ingredients, it is not 100% organic.
- One issue is that in the US no agency regulates the use of the term “organic” with regards to health and beauty products — only with regards to FOOD. The FDA doesn’t regulate health and beauty products at all. And the USDA only regulates food.
- So U.S. made health and beauty product can say “Organic”, but there’s no guarantee they contain organic ingredients—only the word of the company.
- Some companies are use the “Certified USDA Organic” label on their health and beauty products—again, the USDA doesn’t regulate health and beauty products, so that label means nothing.
Neil’s Yard Remedy Organic
I’m thrilled to say I have finally found a company that is as discerning as I am! Introducing UK-based Neil’s Yard Remedies Organic. NYR Organic is certified organic by the International Soil Association, certifier of organic health and beauty products in the UK, under very stringent standards.
NYR Organic’s mission is “to improve the quality of people’s lives by sharing our expertise and encouraging a more natural, holistic way of health, beauty, and well-being.”
A family owned and operated business, their products are hand-made in small batches and they take great care of their employees, which was also an important factor to me when choosing a company to rep. With their high integrity and ethical standards, they put the planet and people first, and truly walk their talk.
Why I Chose to Rep NYR Organic
- Neil’s Yard Remedies Organic started in 1981 as an herbal apothecary in London and was the first Certified Organic UK company. (Interestingly, my herbalist mom knew of NYR’s great products and wanted to carry them in her Herb Store back in the early 1980’s, but they weren’t yet available in the US! Mom loves using the products now and having her stamp of approval means a lot to me.)
- Carbon Neutral Certified – first carbon neutral certified company in the UK.
- Sheepdrove Farm Organically Grown Ingredients – NYR Organic grows most of their herbal ingredients on their own organic farm in the UK.
- Fair Trade Certified practices – what NYR Organic doesn’t grow themselves they source fair-trade in Africa and Asia, purchasing from women-owned coops when ever possible.
- Toxic-FREE – 100% FREE of: GMO; petroleum; synthetic fragrance; silicone; mineral oils; parabens; phthalates; propylene glycol; DEA; EDTA; acrylates; nano-particles; BHT. Many products are also Gluten-free.
- NO Animal testing – all vegetarian or vegan products.
- Sustainable – their manufacturing facilities including solar powered buildings and NYR Organic products are sustainably manufactured.
- FSC Certified – all paper, packaging, and cardboard used.
- Philanthropic – NYR Organic has donated over $65,000 to help honey bees survive, they also donate to their fair-trade co-op villages to aid with clean drinking water and education, and donate to Humane Societies in the UK and US.
- A top selling organic skincare company in the UK, Japan, and Dubai, NYR Organic offers award-winning health & beauty products, used by the likes of Jade Jagger and Benedict Cumberbatch!
NYR Organic Products Include
- complete line of skin care/facial products for: normal, oily, sensitive, dry, age-defying, men, and babies (their frankincense age-defying products have won several awards)
- hand lotions and body lotions
- shower gels, scrubs, bath oils, soaps
- mom & baby products
- mens shaving/facial products
- 100% natural fragrances
- aromatherapy and essential oils
- herbal teas
- herbal remedies
Please contact me today if you are interested in learning more about this AMAZING line of organic health and beauty products, hosting a party to qualify for FREE product, or becoming a rep yourself.
Leave a comment to let me know if you’ve tried NYR Organic products and how you like them.